Helping Children Cope with Loss: Play Therapy Approaches
Join us for an experiential workshop and expand your expertise in working with grieving children. We will review grief from a child’s perspective and engage in useful play therapy activities. Conducting a relevant and complete assessment with parents will also be covered, as well as cultural considerations.
- Name 3 types of grief.
- Discuss 2 differences in the ways children and adults grieve.
- Identify 2 common needs of grieving children in each developmental stage.
- List 4 important questions to ask parents about their child’s experience in the assessment phase of treatment.
- Identify at least 5 elements to incorporate into the treatment plan.
- Demonstrate at least 6 Play Therapy techniques to help children cope with loss.
6 Contact Play Therapy Credit Hours approved through the Association
for Play Therapy. APT Approved Provider 15-439
Presenters: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, RPT-S, Chrissy Juliano, LCSW, RPT and Rachel Hutnick, MA, LPC, RPT
Training location: Center for Counseling and Education of Medford
66 North Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055
Parking is available in the rear of the building.
To register download the Registration Form here: Seminar Registration Form
You may mail the completed registration form with a check to Center for Counseling and Education, 19 East Main Street, Marlton, NJ 08053
Email the completed registration form to email@example.com and submit payment by credit card here:
Link to the CFCENJ Payment Portal
Please enter Workshop code – loss2019
2019 dates will be posted soon!
To register: Call 609-714-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the training can be emailed to Meg at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be received in writing (email is fine) 14 days prior to the training date to receive a refund. With advance notice, payment can be transferred to another person. Full refunds will be given if the training is canceled.