Family Play Therapy
In this experiential workshop, we will demonstrate at least 10 Family Play Therapy techniques. Participants will have the opportunity to learn by doing. We will discuss key decision points in working with families in Play Therapy. Come prepared to play!
After the workshop, participants will be able to:
- State the rationale and 5 advantages for using play therapy with families.
- Discuss at least 3 important factors in preparing parents for family play therapy.
- Discuss at least 3 guidelines for conducting family play therapy sessions.
- Demonstrate at least 5 family play therapy techniques for assessment.
- Demonstrate at least 5 family play therapy techniques to facilitate communication.
- Demonstrate at least 5 family play therapy techniques to promote attachment.
- Discuss 3 ways to use storytelling in family play therapy.
- Demonstrate at least 5 family play therapy techniques to improve emotional literacy for the family.
- Review 3 playful activities families can practice at home to promote connection.
6 Contact Play Therapy Credit Hours approved through the Association
for Play Therapy. APT Approved Provider 15-439
Presenters: Meg Clark Soriano, MA, LPC, ACS, RPT-S and Rachel Hutnick, MA, LPC, RPT
Location: Center for Counseling and Education of Medford
66 North Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055
2019 dates will be posted soon!
Parking is available in the rear of the building.
To register download the Registration Form here: Seminar Registration Form
You may mail the completed registration form with a check to Center for Counseling and Education, 19 East Main Street, Marlton, NJ 08053
Email the completed registration form to email@example.com and submit payment by credit card here:
Link to the CFCENJ Payment Portal
Please enter Workshop code – Family2019
For registration information: Call 609-714-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the training can be emailed to Meg at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be received in writing (email is fine) 14 days prior to the training date to receive a refund. With advance notice, payment can be transferred to another person. Full refunds will be given if the training is canceled.