Helping Children Cope with Loss: Play Therapy Approaches
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (4 CEUs)
Presenter: Chrissy Juliano, LCSW, RPT
Join us for an experiential workshop and expand your expertise in working with grieving children. We will review grief from a child’s perspective and engage in useful play therapy activities. Conducting a relevant and complete assessment with parents will also be covered, as well as cultural considerations.
- Name 3 types of grief.
- Discuss the differences in the ways children and adults grieve.
- Identify 2 common needs of grieving children in each developmental stage.
- List 4 important questions to ask parents about their child’s experience in the assessment phase of treatment.
- Describe at least 5 topics to incorporate into the treatment plan.
- Demonstrate at least 3 Play Therapy techniques to help children cope with loss.